Oregon State Parks have very strict rules and you need to check the regulations of the individual beach you are visiting.
Any specific rules for that beach will be posted at its entrance.
Beyond that here are a few fire rules:
- Use small pieces of wood only. Large logs are prohibited.
- The fire cannot be bigger that a lawn chair.
- The fire must be west of the vegetation line ~ NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Build your fire away from the beach grass & piles of driftwood.
- Extinguish the fire with water. Don't just cover with sand.